VVA Marking Period Grading Policy
Tests, Quizes, application problems, projects = 80%
Homework = 20 %
1. Quizes (usually 50 points each)
2. Tests (usually 100 points each)
3. Classroom discussions, board problems
Homework is checked on a regular basis. Each homeworks assignment (usually four or five at a time ) will count 10 points and it is due on Test/Quiz day (20% of marking period grade).
The homework assignments are graded according to the following criteria:
1) clear labeling: name, date, and assignment on top of the page
2) Each textbook homework assignment must include the original problem as stated in the textbook (unless it is a word problem) and then appropriate work is displayed.
3) Correct answers are expected but wrong answers will not impact your score. Your effort in solving
the problem will.
4) Calculator answers are acceptable when requested.
5) There will be a 1-point late penalty for each day past the due date.
Classroom Tools to bring daily
- (1) 3-ring binder for handouts or notes
- (2) Pencils
- (1) graphing calculator. The TI-84, or TI-84 Plus CE is used in classroom instruction.
(Geometry Students are required to also bring a compass, straightedge, and a protractor)
If absent from school.
If absent from school, make-up work must be completed within 3 school days for full credit.
From 4th day on late penalties as previously stated will apply.
It is your responsibility to get the class notes from a classmate and/or schedule after school help with teacher if needed.
If absent on Test or Quiz day
If you are absent on the day of a test or quiz you are expected to see me the next day you are in school to schedule a make-up day.
Extra Help: Tuesday through Friday. One day notice appreciated.
Parents’ Contact: Initial contact by email preferred.
Grades: can be viewed on powerschool