Marking Period Grading Policy
Tests, Quizes, application problems = 80%
Homework = 20 %
1. Quizes (usually 50 points each)
2. Tests (usually 100 points each)
3. Classroom discussions, board problems, etc.
Homework is checked on a regular basis. Each homeworks assignment (usually four or five at a time ) will count 10 points and it is due on Test/Quiz day (20% of marking period grade).
The homework assignments are graded according to the following criteria:
1) clear labeling: name, date, assignment
2) answers checked and the number of correct answers out of total is circled on top of the page.
3) Each homework assignment must include the original problem (unless it is a word problem) and then appropriate work is displayed.
3) effort on each problem
4) Calculator answers are acceptable when requested.
5) There will be a 1-point late penalty for each day past the due date.
Grades: can be viewed on powerschool
- (1) 3- ring binder or folder for handouts or notes
- (2) Pencils
- (1) graphing calculator. The TI-84, or TI-84 Plus CE is used in classroom instruction.
(Geometry Students are required to also bring a compass, straightedge, and a protractor)
If absent from school.
If absent from school, make-up work must be completed within 3 school days for full credit.
From 4th day on late penalties as previously stated will apply.
It is your responsibility to get the class notes from a classmate and/or schedule after school help with teacher if needed.
If absent on Test or Quiz day
If you are absent on the day of a test or quiz you are expected to see me the next day you are in school to schedule a make-up day.
Extra Help: Tuesday through Friday. One day notice appreciated.
Parents’ Contact: Initial contact by email preferred.